Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Delayed

For those who read my ladies blog over at Destination 3977 you'll know that the handover of our house has been delayed by a week due to the fact that the wall our heater is supposed to be put it needs to be made bigger at the top to fit the flue in.   No big deal and after a trouble free build a very minor setback.

We are very lucky to be in a position to build this house and I still shake my head everytime I go down there.  I have only lived in four places in my life that I can remember - I don't count the first 18 months.  I spent all my early life in Box Hill South until I was 24 and then when I got married and moved to Tecoma.   I lived there in the family home for a further 24 years and then after splitting with my then wife moved less than 1 kilometer away until Raels and I bought the current house in Ferntree Gully.

Now the move will be to Cranbourne North, way out of my comfort zone but into our dream home, everything single thing about it chosen by us.  Raels says that in her mind she is already living there.   Me?   I wonder when it will actually turn from being the new house into home.

1 comment:

Janine K said...

It will Loz, rest assured, you have put a lot of thought into this move, and lets face it, with such wonderful people living in the area how could it not feel like home :)