Wednesday, December 1, 2010

One of those Days

I should have stayed home yesterday.  I'd been on and off the throne for around 12 hours and given things had slowed down a bit overnight I decided that I'd attempt to get to work because I'd set up a few meetings that I didn't want to postpone.   Let me just say that sharting isn't fun and I thought that it would be safer to drive in than catch the train so that in the event that the urge to purge hit me mid way I'd have the chance to make a quick stop and dash for the dunny [yes that word again].

Not only had I been on the crapper more than I care to, but my lady was also crook and expelling stuff from the opposite end to me.

After an hour and a half of battling traffic, proving that I generally make the right decision catching a train and tram and reading a book, I arrived at work.  Now we are currently still negotiating our lease of these premises so we are at the mercy of the people who share the building with us because they are the ones with the keys.  Normally someone is there at around 8:15 am but yesterday they didn't arrive until 9.   I walked...taking my mind off the churning of the gut and wishing to hell that they would hurry up before it became very embarrasing.

We got inside and on hooking up our laptops found our network down and we were without access to the internet and emails, which these days is a big deal.    Then as we sat down to work one of my colleagues received a phone call telling him that a mate had dropped dead.  But the day got better after that, as did my gut, thankfully.

So some days are better than others and I've learnt that it is all about context, an upset tummy isn't as bad as carking, and a delay in connecting on line isn't the end of the world.  And here's a clip from Louis C K that does talk about context.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah funny how life gives you a reality check from the weirdest things - hope yall get better soon...

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you both haven't been well. What a day hey?

But true what previous writer has said, if we don't experience the bad, we cannot truly experience and understand the joys of life. And hopefully be grateful and acknowledge that gratitude.

I do wonder though at times just why do we have to be given so much 'crap' stuff in life. Enough is enough sometimes.

Jen

Greg Becerra said...

You haven't lived a full life until you've sharted, and then someone will show up and want to have a conversation with you. Love Louis CK. And we probably complain about the little things because it helps us avoid having to deal with the big things.

4 kids, 20 suitcases and a beagle said...

Thank you for reminding me of that clip! I loved it the first time and I still love it today.

I saw that you had dropped my blog (4 kids, 20 suitcases and a beagle) and asked about the world cup.

It's nuts! The country has gone crazy, Qatar is a football mad and this has just made them madder. It's very exciting. I may just have to write a blog about it.

Kx

Loz said...

The week did get better - and fortunately for me the sharting stopped :)

Loz said...

Hi K and thanks for dropping in - no offence to Qatar but we all feel like we was robbed :)