Thursday, December 16, 2010

More than a dream

The night I wrote the last post about scattering Mum's ashes Raels woke up during the night with the bed shaking and thought it was Ramsey, our Spoodle, scratching himself. When she looked, Mum was sitting on the end of the bed shaking my leg and she said “Laurie, why do those girls have to make such a fuss of everything. They should have just thrown me in the river so we could get on with things.” That was when she woke me up and told me :)

Funny that I'd written to Mum in the post that I had a visit from Dad after he died but that was at a time when I was living alone, not with someone who is attuned to these things.   Oddly enough when I told my sisters one of them had a dream about Mum that very night.  She said -

"Mum finally came to me in a dream as vivid as the one I had when Dad visited me and I woke up straight away wishing she had stayed longer. I was in my car with Shez driving and there was Mum's old little white car driving in front - I said to Shez "That looks like Nanna" and with that she turned around, and it was her with the most amazing smile that lit up her entire face - I yelled out "Mum" and then I woke up. I now really do know that she is so happy, she has free movement ,is driving and obviously pain free."

I am a natural sceptic and there was a time when I would have scoffed at these things, but now they seem to me to be more than dreams.  Has anyone else shared similar experiences?

10 comments:

life in a pink fibro said...

No experiences here Loz, but yours are so vivid!

Anonymous said...

Well Laurie... you know we've discussed this before....

I think the time is ripe for you to really explore.

I have many books on this which you would be welcome to borrow, or maybe you may like to investigate in another way.

Jen

brismod said...

No not personally, but the original owner of my house was attuned to this sort of thing from what I could gather from my research.

Lori said...

I haven't experienced this but reading this surely gave me goosebumps. It's fascinating to me and I think it's neat you've gotten these visits.

SK Waller said...

Over the years I've learned to pay close attention to my dreams. I've had many, many of these experiences, and I cherish and trust them.

marisworld said...

Yes!!! It took a while after dad had gone before he came to me in dream and it was a beautiful moment, he came towards me with his big arms spread open ready for one of his most amazing hugs, I yelled 'Dad!!!' and woke myself up, dad was gone and I kicked myself at not being able to make that moment last longer.
I used to ahve many more, for some reason at the moment they're missing but I'd jump at the chance to ahve them back.
I'm only just getting back to you from Blog Gems. I apologise but life is manic at the moment. Nice to meet you

Loz said...

Thanks for the comments folks but I think maybe I wasn't clear enough. This wasn't my dream. This was my lady being awake and seeing Mum and then waking me up. And there was some other stuff Raels saw as well in the week that Mum died and I'll post about that later just to show that she is tuned in to the world differently to me.

MommyToTwoBoys said...

I understood. I went back and reread to be sure before seeing your comment.

I personally haven't had any experiences, but firmly, firmly believe in this. My sister has had a vivid one of our grandmother, who we never knew. And I truly believe my son has a 6th sense. Like you said, I know people scoff at this, but I really think he does. I am actually working up a post on it myself.

Reverse Number Lookup said...

Based on my experience when your dreaming someone who's already dead there's a possibility that he/she just saying that he/she finally found where he/she belongs and one way to express that their already happy or the other way around they keep entering your mind(dreams) to say that I left something that you need to find, well it's a case to case basis, dreams have different meaning and whatever it is just have faith and I'm sure everything will be okay and if you're dreaming a person who's alive maybe there's a sign either good or bad might happen to the person involved in your dreams. Thanks for sharing your story.

Selma said...

I have experienced things like that a couple of times. Once when my cousin died and then again when my grandmother died. They were both sitting at the end of my bed. It was quite unnerving but I felt very peaceful at the same time. I had been a bit of a sceptic beforehand too. I am glad they appeared to me because I was quite tortured by their deaths and was totally grief-stricken. Seeing that they were OK allowed me to cope better.