Monday, November 8, 2010

Hey I've got the fever

Is it just me or is the hayfever season lasting longer than usual.  Maybe it's the extra rain and the fact that the grasses have gone gang busters.   And how the hell do you blow your nose politely on the train when it's packed full of people doing their best to ignore the bloke in the ill fitting suit honking into a hanky already dripping with...well with snot; can't really call it anything else.  So you have to try and manoeveur your hand into your pocket and hope that the hanky isn't so wet it will leave suspicious patches on the trouser leg.  And then when you finally get it back in another sneeze approaches and you have to grab it quickly before you spray the lady with the blue rinse sitting in front of you.   And the worst part of all is that as I am getting older it seems to be getting worst.  Give me another couple of years and I'll be blowing my nose into a beach towell and that means I'm gonna need much bigger pockets.

8 comments:

Claus said...

Allergies are the worst!! Dust, cold and humidity are my enemies, so I completely understand what you mean. The rainy season lasts six-seven months here, then it comes the cold for two-2 1/2 months...imagine!!

Andrew said...

It is bad this year. I used to suffer very badly but seems I grew out of it at about 40. But this year, I can feel twinges.

Loz said...

Hi Claus - at the moment for me it's been on and off for 6 weeks, hopefully there are only around the same amount to go before it eases off.

Loz said...

Andrew - I first got it when I worked at Russell Street Police Station in the late 80's I think because I developed an allergy to those plane trees and I think I'm now getting too old to grow out of it.

River said...

Hi Loz, came over via your comment on my blog. It is a bad season this summer, something to do with the dry winter we had. I have hayfever all year round and buy anti histamines by the truckload.

Zuzana said...

Like your new look here;)
Sorry about your hayfever. I do not really suffer from it as here in Scandinavia the pollen count is low, but I recall from my years in North Caroline the sneezing and itchy eyes I used to take some antihistamines and that helped.;))
xo

Loz said...

Thanks for dropping by River - I steer away from anti histamines they give me nightmares

Loz said...

Hi Zuzana - still got a bit of fiddling to do with the new template but it's getting there. The photo at the top is one of my panoramas of Wilsons Promontory, a National Park in my home state of Victoria.