Thursday, February 5, 2009

Vale Ray

My ex-stepfather-in-law passed away after a long illness on Wednesday morning.   With their maternal grandfather having died too young at the age of 56, twenty years ago this year, this man was my kids grandfather on their mother's side.  And despite being a cranky old bugger at times he did look after my ex-mother-in-law and did play the part of Gramps to all of the grandkids.

I only saw him once in the last few years, Christmas Day 2007, where he shook my hand as I wished him Merry Christmas, in stark contrast to the other people present at the time.

He was a good guy thankfully now out of pain.  RIP Ray.

2 comments:

Romany Angel said...

It's always good to know there is one individual in a herd of sheep. He sounds like he was a good man Loz and may he rest in peace.

Romany Angel said...

It's been bothering me since I wrote this comment and now I know why. It should have been flock of sheep. Goodness I'm getting anal in my old age :)