Sunday, December 28, 2008

Change

We cannot change anything until we accept it.  Condemnation does not liberate, it oppresses
-Carl Jung

Change before you have to.
- Jack Welch

Without change, something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens.  The sleeper must awaken.
- Frank Herbert

The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it.
- Flannery O'Connor

Change in all things is sweet.
- Aristotle


Things do not change:  we change.
- Henry David Thoreau

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
- Jimmy Dean

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.
- James 1:17

5 comments:

terri said...

So true... all of these words. I too have only just begun to see that change is good and necessary to feel like I am alive. It was lack of change that used to make me feel hopeless and stuck.

Heidi said...

Oh! I missed that Jung quotation somehow! Perfect - thanks!

Romany Angel said...

Change is the one thing we can always rely on. Sometimes change is good and sometimes its scary but it nearly always leads us to where we are supposed to be.

Jen said...

Romany Angel - I like the way you said that and very, very true.

Jen said...

Romany Angel ~ I love the way you wrote that. That is so true.

I love quotes and actually collect them. If that is yours, it is a very powerful one.

"If nothing changes - nothing changes".