Sunday, November 16, 2008

Smooth

Days were simpler once.   Protocols were followed, manners expected and given.  If a bloke was seated on a train, tram or bus and a female got on he got up and gave her his seat.  Now there's a shit fight to get to the seats first.    Please and thankyou are things of the past, sometimes.   I'm not sure when times changed.  It was a while after that young bloke in the photo left behind his bowtie and fedora.    Sunday best was always worn on a trip to the city in those days.   No longer, and that's not a bad thing.

Well that's my ramble for tonight.

4 comments:

Andrew said...

Good thing that male and females are equal and no reason to give up a seat just because someone is female. I see young people and foreign students giving up their seats all the time.

terri said...

I agree. Times have changed; sometimes for the better, but not always.

skipper said...

Loz;
So agreed - I let an elderly lady in line in front of me, and got yelled at by 4 people behind me. I told them to get a life....

Theresa H. Hall said...

You have got to come over to my place and read my latest rant. Morality ... Through The Roof. You will most definitely relate. Nice to read you again.