Sunday, March 16, 2008

Time to move

We have spent the last couple of weekends looking at houses. The unit we are renting has served it's purpose but we now find that there are one and a half children at least who wish to live with us and the unit is too small to accomodate everyone.

But we don't have a lot to spend so it's going to be a bit of pot luck in finding something affordable that is halfway decent. Not impossible but tough. There are two we are looking at pretty closely at the moment but both are only two bedroom although they do have a fairly easy conversion of a garage into a bungalow which we may need to do. Three bedroom houses or units of similar quality are around $40-50k beyond our budget.

Melbourne's weather has been oppressive for most of the last week with temperatures hitting close to 40 again today. I know that's not as bad as Adelaide Gypsy [if you're reading] but still way too hot for March.

We will need to put an offer in on one of the houses tomorrow and the other later in the week so wish us luck.

9 comments:

Josie Two Shoes said...

I definitely wish you good luck with securing the perfect home for this new chapter of your life. I understand very well about the cost of housing, and hope that one of the two you've looked at will fit into your budget. As you know, we are just in the process of getting our new place ready for a move in - up to my ears in paint this weekend and next. It is love that makes a house a home for those who dwell there, and I have no doubt that both girls will feel that when they're with the two of you!

Gypsy said...

Did I hear my name being mentioned? I thought my ears were burning. Where I live it has been about 42 degrees and this has been going on for a couple of weeks now. I'm OVER IT I tell you, just OVER IT.

Good luck with the house hunting Loz. One day you will just walk into a house and think "this is it". I hope that day is not too far away. Josie is right, it's love that makes a house a home and the two of you have plenty to go around :)

Anonymous said...

Good luck from me too Laurie. Good time to buy at the moment I think. So hopefully you get a good deal and find something just right for the needs of you all.

Jen

Mary said...

Good Luck to you! Don't you just love new adventures!

Anonymous Boxer said...

I'm here from Beth's Blog, and I see some of my favorite bloggers here and I also see I'm on your blog roll and then I remember seeing you at Walker's.... and long story short.

Hi. I have idea what took me so long.

Jeff said...

I am hoping you have the best of luck finding the right digs. Looking for a new place is exciting, but also very painful. My thoughts are with you.

Barbara - Layla said...

Wishing you luck in finding your house!!

Anonymous said...

Interesting article in The Sunday Magazine with the Sunday Herald Sun yesterday. Not sure if you got to see it Laurie. Thought it was interesting. Titled "Silver Divorce" All about long term marriages coming to an end. Some interesting facts and figures in it.
Jen

Loz said...

I did read it Jen - we're not so uncommon after all