I've been tagged by Nina of The Alien Next Door with the "7 Weird Facts About me Meme". She had been tagged by Mel at Monday Morning Power who had received her tag from Colin at Life. Colin had actually been tagged twice for the same meme, firstly by Lolli at So Cute Lovely Pixels and secondly by Joy at Ozlife Begins. And it is there that I will leave tracing back the genesis of this meme because It's Australia Day and Joy is an Aussie.
So where to start with this one? I thought maybe the physical ought to dispose of a few weird facts.
1. I can't bend the big toe on my right foot. When I was 10 years old I was out riding my bike and made the mistake of wearing thongs. Ha Ha! Just had a visual of what any Americans reading this post might be imagining so I better explain. In Australia thongs are footwear which I think you call flip flops. Anyway I had sweaty feet and my foot slipped off the pedal and got stuck dragging along the asphalt shredding my big toe down to the tendon. There wasn't a lot of skin to stitch together so It grew back tight and I still can't bend it.
Yes I know the picture is a bit gratuitous but I sorta figured it might boost traffic a little and I bet it got a few people wondering. But in the interests of balance and truth you can see I've included a picture of the real thing.
2. I used to get into trouble in the Police Academy for marching with bent arms when we were doing drill practice. Fact is though, that I have a congenital deformity in my elbows which means that the ball and socket don't fit properly. Even fully straightened my arms have a bend of about 5-10 degrees.
3. I have 24 teeth in my mouth. For those who don't know we are supposed to have 32. I had 4 removed to have braces put on my teeth and then 4 wisdom teeth taken out. Now you know why I may sound a bit thick at times.
4. I have kissed six women in my lifetime. Well actually three in adulthood, the others were during school days. Now that, if not weird, must be unusual for a bloke who has reached 50 years of age.
5. I am a qualified Palynologist. I think I've mentioned this a few times before but maybe before I actually had any readers. I'm not actually going to tell you what that is.
6. My favourite smell is petrichor. And to make it more interesting I'll let you look that one up to.
7. I have this thing for weird words that start with "P". But with a limited vocabulary you already know the extent of it.
Now I am going to tag some fellow Aussie bloggers given it is Australia Day, and I'm also going to pick out some people who I haven't tagged before. So apologies to them if you don't do memes or you think it may be another weird fact about me that I would tag relative strangers in the blogworld sense.
Magneto Bold Too
Elizabeth at Scarlet Words
Red at Sultana Blog
Joh at Joh Blogs Because I Can
Boneblower at Boneblowers World
Karen at Scraps of Mind
So if you do choose to participate folks the rules are you link back to me and then tag it forward to seven other people who may have some hidden weird facts worth knowing.