Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Don't read if you're easily offended

That's a real warning! This may offend some people and I won't be responsible for any effrontery from what I am about to write :)

We have one particular team who enters one of our basketball competitions every season with a new name and we look forward each year to what magical use of the language they will come up with.

This season their team name is "The Notorious V.A.G." If that doesn't mean anything to you then let me put it into the context of some of the other names they have come up with over the years -
The Box
The Flange
Tuna Town
Front Bums
Bearded Tacos
Meat Curtains
Spasm Chasm

Now if you've gotten this far you may either be smiling or appalled. If it's the latter don't say I didn't warn you.

11 comments:

Pam said...

OK ... I have to admit. I think this is pretty darn funny : ).

Loz said...

I'm glad someone liked it ;)

Josie Two Shoes said...

Loved it Loz, people take offense too easily, this is all in the spirit of good fun!

skipper said...

Loz;
I was horribly offended. Not. Good ones...

Loz said...

Josie - I knew you'd appreciate it.

Beth - I was worried until I got to the "Not" :)

Gypsy said...

Well at least they have made it obvious what their favourite piece of anatomy is......

I laughed but then I do have an unusual sense of humour. Good one Loz and quite a departure of subject matter for you too.

awannabe said...

I have to admit, it went over my head. LOL.

dan leone said...

Offensive? Perhaps (not to me thought). But I knew someone who was on a local softball team and they called themselves: The MILF-Hunters. I assume that doesn't need to be spelled out.

Oswegan said...

Those are good ones.

Our softball team is called Here For Beer.

~Oswegan

Forest Parks said...

Ha Ha,

I used to do Graphic Design work for HMV and their Corporate font is called VAG. It always raised a smile :)

Moi said...

You should tell this team you have next year's name for them, courtesy of the urban dictionary: beef curtains.