Monday, September 17, 2007

Job Interviews

We have advertised a new position in the past couple of weeks for a Junior Programs Coaching Coordinator. In brief they will be primarily responsible for overseeing our junior representative program including appointing coaches to teams, dealing with player and parent issues etc. In addition they will be expected to develop and implement programs to assist our junior domestic clubs, of which there are 18 containing around 700 teams of kids from 5 years old to 20.

Apart from a number of applications from Australians I have received some from Germany, Barcelona, Nairoba and Kenya, as well as one from a Scot living in Canada. I told the Chairman I thought it would be important to observe and interview these people in their native environments but he wouldn't be in it.

6 comments:

HollyGL said...

What! No Americans? I'd give anything to live and work in Australia! Too bad you couldn't do some "on site" interview/observations of candidates. That would have been fun.

Gypsy said...

What a spoilsport!!! Where's his spirit of industry and all that's fair in equal opportunity...lol.

Loz said...

Agreed ladies - and there is now an American from New York who has applied as well Steph.

HollyGL said...

Loz, Whenever I try to open Midlife..., I get an error message, and am directed away. Has anyone else had any problems? Just checking...

Loz said...

Hi Steph - not that I know of but the visits overnight do seem to be down. It opens for me now.

WalksFarWoman said...

What a rotter of a boss - isn't it time you took over the company? :)

Laurie - Hope you'll drop by Kissing the Dogwood and pick up the award I just left for you.