Peter over at Worldman has given me a Schmooze award. He is one of the first to find my blogs and leave a comment so I thank him for passing this one onto me.
The award was established by Mike at Ordinary Folk and Danielle at Pink Reviews who have defined it as -
Schmoozing as defined by Dictonary.com is the ability “to converse casually, especially in order to gain an advantage or make a social connection.” When it comes to blogging, schmoozing is your ticket to making new friends, getting yourself noticed and building a reputation. Some bloggers are gifted with the ability to effectively schmooze and others not so much. My new friend Danielle and I would like to recognize those bloggers who exhibit strong schmoozing skills. In order to do so we’ve created the new Power of Schmooze award! Each of us are rewarding five bloggers to kick things off. Here are my five. These folks are not only wonderful friends but also masters of the schmooze.
And so it falls to me to pass it on to the following people -
1. Jeff at Psychosomatic Wit who has also been someone who found me early on and has been generous in his support.
2. Beth at My Life Starts at Forty-two who is also generous and honest in sharing her story and in the comments she makes on other peoples blogs.
3. Pen at The Pen is mightier than the Sword who I have only just discovered in the past couple of weeks.
4. Micki at My Rearview Mirror. Again someone who visited and began commenting on my blogs very early on.
5. Meleah at Momma Mia Mea Culpah also someone that I've met in the past month who has been generous with her support.
Congratulations one and all.
The second award was given to me by Seiche at Seiche and that is a Thinking Blogger Award. This one originated with Ilker Yoldas at The Thinking Blogger.
I wanted to award this one to people whose blogs I visit regularly who make me think and who don't appear to have already received the award. So to start with I am going to award three to people I have already named above.
1. Jeff at Psychosomatic Wit who is one of those blokes not afraid to bear his soul on his blog.
2. Micki at My Rearview Mirror. Again someone who is honest and able to share her deepest darkest thoughts with her readers.
3. Meleah at Momma Mia Mea Culpah whose blog roams across a wide variety of intersting topics and who also reveals parts of herself that make us care.
4. Josie at Picking up the Pieces to whom I will always be grateful for rushing to my aid in some dark times via her comments on my blogs.
5. Last but not least Dan at Cafe Leone an amusing and deep thinker who I also never tire of reading.
Now folks the rules of this one are these -
Congratulations, you won a !
Should you choose to participate, please make sure you pass this list of rules to the blogs you are tagging. I thought it would be appropriate to include them with the meme.
The participation rules are simple:
1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,I want to thank all of the above for continuing to visit and assure them that I will keep coming back to their sites.
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,
3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote (here is an alternative silver version if gold doesn't fit your blog).