Friday, July 6, 2007

Nicknames

Not really a meme but it was a question asked by HollyGL at Remedial Ruminations. What nicknames have I had?

1. Juicey - given to me by a teacher at Primary School which was a corruption of my surname Joyce. At times it became Juicey Fruit.

2. Joycie - seems a bit of a family tradition because my sons have both copped the same one. If someone calls out Joycie and the three of us are together we'll both look around.

3. Truck - stuck for a little while when I played basketball at university and comes from Laurie or "lorry"

4. Loz - this is the one that follows me and is used by many who know me now.

Nothing too exciting amongst any of those is there.

4 comments:

HollyGL said...

Hey Loz! Thanks for taking up the gauntlet here! :) Now I feel special!

HollyGL said...

By the way, for some reason I thought your dad coined the nickname "Loz", but I see it was LJ.

paisley said...

well you'll always be my friend loz from oz... cant help it... i just love the way it sounds!!!!!!!

Loz said...

Steph - I forgot about LJ

Paisley - how many other people form Oz do you know?