Sunday, July 8, 2007

Homecoming

I saw this short video on Alister Cameron's blog on a day when I read that the number of US soldiers killed in Iraq has reached 3603. Of course I hate war but my opinion of this one was that it was justifed at the time. If the intelligence used to justify it has subsequently proved to be false that doesn't mean that those who went in can cut and run. And I say that as the father of a soldier and one who does fear that my son will be posted there within the next 12 months.

Agree with the war or not, we must never forget that the soldiers who serve are there because their countries demand it and this video more than any other should serve as a reminder of their human side. It is also pertinent to remember that more than 3600 US, Brits and yes even a couple of Aussies who are fathers, mothers, sons, and daughters, will not return because they were doing their duty.

3 comments:

darlene said...

have you checked out
moondanzerdelivers.blogapot.com
i think you might apprecaite this!!
take care

Goldy said...

I didn't know that reading your blog tonight was going to result in me tearing up. Something beautiful about a father son relationship.

Jod{i} said...

THat vdeoa always makes me cry..Just something wrapped up in that little boys face and his eyes when he sees his dad...