Sunday, June 17, 2007
Thinking Blogger Award - Thankyou HollyGL
I have been tagged with a "Thinking Blogger" Award by my blogging friend Holly which I am flattered to receive, particularly given my last post was about my porn star name and facial hair :)
One of the best parts about this award is that I get the chance to pass it onto five people whose blogs I enjoy reading and that make me think. Having had the tag already passed onto my other blog where you can see who I tagged first time around here - it is my pleasure to tag the following people with this "Thinking Blogger award.
1. A Life Less Ordinary by Finn. Always something different here - photo's, poetry, examination of her life. I enjoy my daily visit.
2. Rhonda's Ruminations by Rhonda. I wish I'd kept the details of how I stumble onto some of the blogs I have linked to. This is one I've found in the last couple of weeks and as with the others I regularly visit, Rhonda blogs about life, read her father's day post for a taste of what I mean.
3. My Rearview Mirror by Micki, is another midlifer pondering the journey.
4. The 4th Avenue Blues by Andrew a recovering alcoholic schizophrenic whose blog I have begun to regularly dip into.
5. Random Magus by Random Magus. Again a record of lifes trials, tribulations and triumphs.
I look at the list of blogs I regularly visit and find that for the most part they are personal records of the thoughts and feelings of the authors. I have chosen blogs by people I have come to care about through their writings and I still wonder about the nature of this type of friendship, if that is what it is. I have also chosen blogs that have apparently not received the award before - at least they don't display the logo.
And the other fun part of the award is reading the recipients responses and looking at the blogs they nominate in the hope that I will find more to add to my favourites.
For the record the rules are -
Congratulations, you won a !
Should you choose to participate, please make sure you pass this list of rules to the blogs you are tagging.
The participation rules are simple:
1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,
3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote (here is an alternative silver version if gold doesn't fit your blog).