Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Midlife Friendship Questions

The third person to respond to my challenge is Micki on her blog My Rearview Mirror. On it she chose to answer each of the nine questions I posed and I urge you to read them.

The thing I have found in my short blogging career is that there are a lot of people who do blog who consider themselves loners in many ways. Many have found friends in the blogosphere and like me marvel at that. How is it that those of us who beleive that they keep so much of themselves to themselves, can be so open in this forum? Another rhetorical question I know, but worth pondering methinks.

4 comments:

Finn said...

I think, no matter if we put our real name out there or not, there is still the cloak of anonymity behind blogging.

Everyone needs to be understood and blogging casts a much wider net than we can in real life. And if we expose too much or get judged, we can just make it disappear; we'll never run into anybody who knows our secret.

Jeff said...

I have been thinking about blogging friends a lot lately. I truthfully don't know what to make of them.

I feel another blog entry coming on.

Random Magus said...

I agree with Finn.... and in blogging we can perfect ourselves... sometimes in real life what we think and what we say has no filter...thats why writing is great.. maybe all communication should be through this medium....

During my dads bypass the way all my blogging friends were there to send me their best wishes really touched my heart...
Thanks!

Loz said...

Finn - that's true up to a point. Maybe here I am sometimes more real than in real life.

Read your post Jeff - and I also feel another post coming on :)

Amber - for those who regard ourselves as loners maybe these friendships are more real than others we maintain