Beth has tagged me to list some random facts that you don't know about me. Just so those I tag know the rules here they are.
1. Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged write a blog post about their own 8 random things and post these rules.
3. At the end of your blog you need to tag 8 people and post their names. (I only picked 3)
4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment and tell them they’re tagged and to read your blog.
Now about me.
1. I am a qualified palynologist [and I like big words that no one else has ever heard of].
2. A Quarter of a century ago I wrote a thesis on Climate Change in the Victorian Alps.
3. I am of predominantly Irish descent [including four Irish convict great-great-grandparents] with the rest being a mixture of English, Scottish and Australian Aboriginal.
4. I was a policeman for 16 years resigning with the rank of Sergeant.
5. Whilst in the police force I worked as both a hostage negotiator and a counter-terrorist intelligence analyst.
6. I am a two-time Basketball Victoria Administrator of the Year.
7. Four of the best days of my life were those my children were born.
8. I love the smell of petrichor.
I know I'm supposed to pass this on but I'll amend the post a little later when I check to see if any of my regular readers have already done it or not.